Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Santorum: “It Was Your Voice”

Today, shortly after 2:20PM, GOP presidential hopeful Rick Santorum graciously suspended his campaign thanking his supporters and the many volunteers who gave their all in his efforts to win the nomination.

It seems that when his daughter Bella fell ill again over the Easter weekend, he and his family re-evaluated their priorities and decided the run for the White House would steal precious moments with Bella from them.

Mr. Santorum’s improbable bid for the presidency amazed pundits and everyday Americans.  He worked harder on the trail that any other candidate.  Any other. Period.

During his presser, Santorum discussed the privilege of traveling around the country, hearing the stories of Americans. He said, “It has been inspiring to me, the story after story that we’ve been engaged with. And it turns out it wasn’t really my voice that I was communicating, it was your voice. The voice that you gave me from the stories and the experience that I’ve had.”

Almost immediately following his statement to the press, Team Romney sent the following email:
“Senator Santorum is an able and worthy competitor, and I congratulate him on the campaign he ran. He has proven himself to be an important voice in our party and in the nation.  We both recognize that what is most important is putting the failures of the last three years behind us and setting America back on the path to prosperity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.