Saturday, April 21, 2012

Take Me Out To The Ballgame So I Can Boo The Errand Boy Sent By Grocery Clerks

“Baseball was, is and always will be to me the best game in the world.”—Babe Ruth

It was a bright, sunshiny day as Red Sox fans celebrated their 100 years of yesterdays at Fenway Park.  More than 200 Hall of Famers poured out of the tunnel to the delight of those in attendance.  All the greats—Jim Rice, Carlton Fisk, Carl Yastrzemski, Dennis “Oil Can” Boyd, Bill “Spaceman” Lee, Bill Buckner, Luis Tiant, Pumpsie Green, Johnny Pesky and Bobby Doerr.

Maestro John Williams composed and conducted a special tribute, “Fanfare for Fenway” for the 100th anniversary followed by “The Star Spangled Banner” and a flyover by vintage World War II planes.

Then, like so many other times over the past three-and-a-half years, the American people had their day spoiled with “a few” words from the current occupier of the Oval Office.

One website reported that he delivered a video message recognizing the centennial amid a chorus of boos.

The video embedded with the piece is dubious because the uniforms are wrong, the game is obviously a night game and the audio of POTUS’s message is absent.  

Nevertheless, Allahpundit received an update from a reader who was at the game and he informs us:
“I was at the Red Sox game yesterday and can confirm the reported booing occurred, mixed with cheers at about a 50/50 ratio I’d say.”
“I think the reason there’s no video is because of the timing. The opening ceremony, which lasted about an hour, had officially ended and the game had begun. Most people, myself included, had stowed their phones and settled in for the game.” 
“Obama’s message was brief, perhaps 10 seconds long, and began to play, I believe, after the first inning or half inning. It took me (and likely most others) by surprise, so there was little opportunity to catch the moment on video. As it turned out, there were other prerecorded messages played all game long between innings. Obama’s was just the first, and the only one booed. Most, if not all, of the other messages played were from people with Boston roots (e.g., Conan O’Brien, Dennis Leary, Mark Wahlberg), and they all received favorable reactions from the crowd.”
Since it is clear that no video exists, the graphic associated with this post is my interpretation of the very blue state boobirds’ thoughts on the man who can’t even throw a baseball like a man.


3 comments:

  1. My first thought when I saw this story on Memeorandum was "why in the hell did Obama have to interject himself into the anniversary in the first place?"

    Just how narcissistic is this chump? Besides, he throws like a 3 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen three year old girls throw better than Zero.

    I'd boo him too, people are tired of seeing his warty mug all up in all our business all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little kid in the photoshop sure knows when he's looking at a loser ... and, yeah, I know that kid already throws a better pitch than Barry.

    ReplyDelete

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.