Saturday, February 1, 2014

Groundhog Sez Go Peyton

Sunday’s Super Bowl is Peyton Manning’s chance to become the first QB to lead two franchises to Super Bowl titles.

Manning, following a nearly career-ending neck injury, has produced the most prolific passing season in NFL history.  With him at the helm and his now famous “Omaha” play calls, he led the Broncos to a 13-3 record throwing for 5,477 yards and 55 touchdowns.

Seahawks corner and jackass, Richard Sherman, spewed his noise from the hood to describe Manning’s passing style saying, "His arm, however, is another story.  His passes will be accurate and on time, but he throws ducks."

Thursday morning, as Manning addressed the media for the final time before Sunday’s game, he lobbed a good-natured shot back at Sherman, "I believe it to be true as well," he said with a big smile. "I don't think that's a real reach, what he's saying. I've thrown a lot of yards and touchdowns with ducks. I'm actually quite proud of it."

Damn right.

What does the groundhog have to do with all this?  Sunday is Groundhog Day.  I hope Sherman and his Seachickens find themselves in a time loop similar to the one Bill Murray found himself in in the movie Groundhog Day and they watch Peyton Manning throw duck after duck after duck.

GO BRONCOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.