Saturday, September 6, 2014

Bama Vs Florida Atlantic Owls

The last time Florida Atlantic met The Crimson Tide on the gridiron they were trounced 40-7.  That was back in September 2012.

Today, the Owls go up against Bama after having lost to Nebraska last week.  This should be a “gimme” game against FAU but I’m not going to take anything for granted.

I suspect Coach Saban has been rough on his boys in practice this week after their less than impressive win over the Mountaineers last Saturday.  The bookmakers are predicting a 58-10 victory for The Tide.  I hope they’re right.

The game kicks off at noon on the SEC Channel.  The channel was recently added as part of my satellite package so I’ll be interested to see how they cover the game.

ROLL TIDE!

And because no football post would be complete without some pom-poms, please enjoy this photo of some Bama lovelies.

UPDATE:  Perhaps it was a Godsend for Florida Atlantic that the game was delayed due to weather with 7:53 left to play in the fourth quarter.  During the delay the teams mercifully agreed to end the game.  Poor FAU was crushed 41-0.

I know there’s been a lot of discussion about who should be the starting QB for Bama.  Jake Coker entered the game with The Tide leading 21-0.  Blake Sims was 11 of 13 for 214 yards and 2 TDs.  He averaged 16.5 yards.  Coker was 15 of 24 for 202 yards averaging 8.4 for one TD.

In my opinion Blake Sims is the better QB.  Coker just doesn’t know the Bama playbook well enough to cut it right now.  The team knows Sims has been in the program for 5 years.  They respect him and they play hard for him.  The same cannot be said for Coker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.