Sunday, October 19, 2014

Carolina Panthers Vs Green Bay Packers

The 3-2-1 Panthers face the 4-2 Packers at Lambeau Field today.  Kickoff is 1:00 PM ET on Fox.

Readers of this blog are accustomed to seeing the mascots of each team depicted in front of an image of the stadium where the game is being played.  This was not possible this week.  Why?  Green Bay doesn’t have cheerleaders and it doesn’t have a mascot.  With that in mind, I decided to show a bulldog donning the world-famous Cheesehead Hat® since the two teams are going to fight like cats and dogs.

My “Angry Kitties” lead the NFC South.  Green Bay is currently tied for first place with the Lions in the NFC North.

Ever since Packers QB Aaron Rodgers told fans to R-E-L-A-X, the team has won three straight games.  The Panthers are struggling on both sides of the ball.  All the experts say today’s game is crucial to the NFC playoff picture.

I have been a Packers fan since 1965 when they defeated Johnny Unitas and the Baltimore Colts.  I have been a Packers fan since 1967 when they beat the Cowboys 21-17 in the legendary “Ice Bowl”.  I was cheering for Green Bay when Vince Lombardi was the team’s head coach and Bart Starr was their quarterback.

Today, I’m rooting for the Packers against my Angry Kitties.  The Panthers are celebrating their 20th year in the league.  The Packers have had my heart for 49 years.  I’m not a turncoat.  I’m not a traitor.  I am loyal and remember when football was played by honorable men.

GO PACKERS!

And because no football post is complete without pom-poms, here is a picture of Top Cat Samantha since Green Bay is too chilly for cheerleaders in skimpy outfits.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.