Saturday, November 22, 2014

Alabama Vs Western Carolina

It’s Homecoming Week at the Capstone and Bama will play the Catamounts of Western Carolina University. The game kicks off at 4:00 PM ET and will be carried on the SEC Channel.

What is a catamount?  I’m glad you asked.  According to WCU’s website, “Webster's Dictionary defines ‘catamount’ as ‘any of various wild cats such as a cougar or lynx.’ Cats of the catamount variety, including the bobcat, have roamed the southern Appalachian Mountains, where Western Carolina University is located, for years.”

If the 9-1 Tide beat FCS foe Western Carolina today and Auburn in next week’s Iron Bowl, they will win the SEC West and play in the SEC championship game.

I know many of you are thinking this game will be a cakewalk for Bama, but I would caution you to think back to September 1, 2007 when the Michigan Wolverines played tiny Appalachian State at home in Ann Arbor.  The Mountaineers ended up shocking the college football world by beating the Wolverines 34-32.

I’m not saying my beloved Alabama will underestimate the mismatched Catamounts because on any given Saturday any team can win, even the Catamounts.  With that said:
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
And because no football post would be complete without a photograph of some pom-poms, please enjoy this lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.