Sunday, February 1, 2015

Super Bowl XLIX: My Balls Are Perfect

Well, here we are.  The big day.  The day when the Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots take to the field for Super Bowl XLIX.  Big whoop.

I don’t know how you feel about this year’s contest, but I for one, couldn’t be more disappointed in the teams that made it to Phoenix.  Honestly, you’ve got loudmouthed asses who think they are gods.  You’ve got the media who fall all over nut jobs like, well, you name the jerk…

My disappointment is not only with the two teams but the League as well.  They know damn good and well who is responsible for the underinflated footballs and yet are withholding that information until after the game as Commissioner Roger Goodell says, because “We want the truth.  That’s what I think our fans want.  That’s what our clubs want.  And so what we want to do is make sure we find the truth.  If there are violations of the rules, we take them seriously, particularly when they deal with the integrity of the game and the rules.”

How effing mealy-mouthed.

The NFL is full of cheaters and beaters.  That’s the problem. 

The fans deserve far better than what they are receiving.  I used to get excited about watching the game.  Hell, I was lucky enough to go to Super Bowl XXVIII in 1994 when the Cowboys beat the Bills in the Georgia Dome.

There is no such excitement at Casa de Curmudgeon today and there’s no Super Bowl Party as in years past. 

If my rationale is lacking consider these 26 disappointing facts about this year’s Super Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.