Saturday, August 15, 2015

Proof’s In Charge

Last week I asked co-blogger Proof to look after the place while I’m away.  I emailed him to let him know that my best friend would be undergoing yet another surgery.  This time the surgeon will attempt to correct a “curling” of the carotid artery that occurred post-op and restenosis (a recurrence of narrowing of the artery).

Her son, who was seriously injured just before the Memorial Day holiday in a motorcycle accident, asked me to help him take care of his mom during her recovery.  He’s still in a wheelchair two-and-a-half months after his accident. Since he’s like a son to me I could hardly refuse to help him out.

I hope to come back home in about two weeks.  Meanwhile, Proof has the keys to the liquor cabinet so Hillary Clinton can’t drink all my damn vodka.  He promised when he agreed to do me this favor that he would “try not to complain about” my “frequent vacations/absences/benders/rehab visits too publicly.”

So…if the place goes to hell while I’m gone don’t blame me.  If it doesn’t work out, I’ll be accepting résumés for co-bloggers.  Odie? Grunt?

Thanks, Proof.  I owe you big.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.