Sunday, November 15, 2015

Behold Your Idiot Minnesota

Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party (DFL) Chairman Ken Martin was forced to issue a statement following a despicable tweet from Dan Kimmel who was challenging Republican incumbent Drew Christensen of Burnsville, MN in the 2016 election. 
Martin’s statement:
“Earlier tonight a candidate for the Minnesota House made comments that do not reflect the views of the Minnesota DFL and have no place in our party. On behalf of the Minnesota DFL, I strongly condemn his comments. I ask Dan Kimmel to apologize to all the families who have been torn apart by the terrorist organization and their senseless violence. In this time of enormous grief, we shouldn’t be making excuses for this barbaric behavior.”
At his website, Kimmel addressed the maelstrom:
My tweet last evening was in response to a statement made during the candidate debates, not in response to the activities in Paris. It was poorly worded and did not convey my intent. 
I do think the attacks in Paris yesterday, along with other ISIS terrorist actions, are cowardly and despicable. My heart breaks for the people of France, of Paris, the families of those wounded or killed and the casualties themselves. My thoughts are with them. I condemn the attacks, as I condemn all violence. 
I am folding up my campaign tent. The campaign website and Facebook page will be down by this afternoon. 
I apologize to the volunteers and contributors who have put so much time, effort and money into my campaign. 
I am very sorry for “spreading ick” on other candidates and the DFL party. I will do everything I can to help resolve the issue: most likely the best thing for me to do is shut up. The tweet was stupid. I’m sorry.
 Here’s the idiot with fellow traveler and champion of the Lizard People, Al Franken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.