Sunday, November 8, 2015

For Dennis

Last Wednesday I put up a blog post that was about so much more than the much-anticipated football game between my beloved Crimson Tide and the LSU Tigers.  I talked about the compassion I felt for our wounded service members returning from the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan with seen and unseen wounds like PTSD and traumatic brain injuries.

In the post I mentioned the story of one wounded warrior whose story touched me deeply.  The brief public service announcements we see on television don’t tell the full stories of these brave men and women.  So when I ran across the story of Dennis, I wanted to share it with as many people as I could to ignite in them a desire to help.  After all, we now know that the Veterans Administration is a colossal failure to our most deserving citizensthe veterans who sacrificed their broken bodies for our freedom.

My blogger sister Diogenes and I have made friendly wagers for a couple of years now that the loser of the game between our two teams would make a donation to Wounded Warrior Project. 

Alabama won the game, but our wounded service members are still losing so I have donated what I could afford to honor them and help in some small way to continue the vital services Wounded Warrior Project provides them.

This Wednesday is Veterans Day.  Won’t you consider giving what you can?

Click here if you would like to give a one-time donation or here if you’d like to participate in the WWP Advanced Guard monthly giving program   Please help carry these warriors the rest of the way home.

Thank you and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.