Sunday, November 1, 2015

Mets Fans Stunned As Their Team Trails Royals 3-1

I don’t care who you are.  If you’re a diehard fan of any team losing a big game hurts.  I’ve had my heart broken countless times as a Braves fan.  I’ll never forget the dirty play of Minnesota Twins first baseman Kent Hrbek in Game 2 of the 1991 World Series.  Ron Gant had knocked a single to left field in the third inning.  As he rounded first base, Twins pitcher Kevin Tapani threw the ball behind Gant to Hrbek.  Rather than just tagging him he literally used his weight to wrestle Gant off the base by wrapping his arm around his leg and lifting him off the bag to the delight of Twins fans.  The national television audience and every fan in the Metrodome saw what Hrbek did but Umpire Drew Coble ruled Gant out.  To this day I still do a slow burn over that controversial play.

A string of miscues by the Mets last night in the eighth inning has the boys from the Big Apple in a huge hole trailing the Royals three games to one.  I think the Royals are unstoppable now and last night’s eighth inning sealed the deal.

The first pitch for Game 5 will be at 8:15 PM ET from Citi Field and can be seen on the big FOX.

GO ROYALS!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.