Saturday, March 19, 2016

You Say Your Brackets Are Busted Bunky?

Next to college football, the NCAA Tournament is my favorite time of the year.  Last year I rooted for my beloved Duke Blue Devils all the way to their fifth National Championship.  It was glorious.

Today’s slate of games features Duke vs Yale.  This will be the second meeting between these two teams.  The last meeting was in November when Duke was a much better defensive squad.

Duke’s title chances have hit the skids due to a right foot fracture Amile Jefferson suffered during practice in mid-December.  He cannot run fluidly and will miss the tournament altogether.  The senior forward was a vital front court piece for the Blue Devils.

The Blue Devils are vulnerable on the offensive glass but aggressive as hell when pressing up on the perimeter.

Yale is riding high after their shocker whipping of Baylor that busted everyone’s brackets, but they do not have a reputation of hurrying their offense.  That is a weakness that Duke will surely exploit.

Coupled with the experience Yale already has from facing Duke this season, the Ivy League champion is ready to prove the NCAA tournament wait was worth more than half a century.  We shall see.

GO DUKE!

If you need me, I’ll be at my local gin mill/sports bar with my crowd rooting like crazy for Duke and later this evening I’ll devote my attention to pulling for Carolina to trounce Providence.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.